Simple, valuable, practical, tools & training
Helping product managers around the world build products that customers love
Get the Foundations…
Building a successful product
Keeping your customer in mind every step of the way
What is this?An online training course that will rock your world! This course is full of quick lectures, practical exercises, and real life examples that provide the best learning possible.
Who's it For?PM's, founders and startup leaders in charge of bringing new products to the market. Product Leaders wanting to quickly and effectively train new product managers.
Why is this Important?These are the foundations that enable customer understanding, clarity of focus, effective prioritization, and ultimately will allow you to launch products that customers will love.
We've been there! We've been responsible for dozens of products serving millions of customers. We've advised hundreds of startups. We've trained PM's and founders the hard way - now you don't have to!
Online & Onsite Training that Enables Strong Product Leadership
Customer Foundations Setting
Enable ongoing clarity and focus by clearly defining the problem you're solving and the customers you are serving, and in doing so, clarifying what you aren't going to do.
Functional Partnering & Leadership
Learn how you can easily define and document who their target customer is as well as how to prioritize their needs so that you can easily set direction and make effective product tradeoffs.
Defining & Designing your Product for WOW
Get practical tools that help you prioritize a feature set and define a core product that will enable you to WOW your customers while learning quickly.
Innovating & Testing
Learn how to articulate all of this in a concise way that gives you the best chance influencing, and aligning everyone needed to successfully launch your product.
One price. One full year access to the tools and content.
Customer Foundations Online Course
- Get bite size videos and practical reference materials and templates providing you the tools you need to define the foundations for any product
- Learn how to define and focus on your target customer
- Define the problem you are solving in a way that enables clear action and allows you to say "no" to opportunities with ease.
- Identify and prioritize their needs
- Specifically suited to new PM's and founders
Customer Foundations Course
Purpose Driven Product Leader Online Course
- Includes the Customer Foundations course...PLUS
- This 12-week course will also help you in defining your minimum viable product that drives growth
- Conducting actionable concept testing and product research
- Operationalizing customer-driven decision making
- Building a focused and successful launch plan
- Suited for PMs desiring to make a fundamental change in their company's product experience and growth
Have us Conduct an Onsite Workshop
Contact Us for A Custom Quote
- We'll customize the content for your team
- Bring your product issues to us and we'll work on a program to build the skills your team needs to address them
- Our workshops span everything from setting your customer foundations, defining a product strategy and roadmap, partnering with development, designing for WOW, leading cross functional teams, to facilitating innovation.
- Suited for company product management teams and leaders More Info Contact us for a Quote
Don’t Take Our Word For It
The Purpose Driven Product workshop was made highly effective through live exercises to promote understanding in the audience. I would highly recommend that any entrepreneur attends the workshop before launching a product or company!
Ruprecht von Buttlar/ CONNECT
This is how I describe the PDP workshop for my project: imagine that my project is the Golden Gate bridge connecting to San Francisco, and what the PDP workshop did was to lift the entire bridge and rotate it pointing to another and better island, connecting to a better path. I consider that there was a lot of valuable information and feedback that we received all the time. Thank you.
PDP workshop helped me think through what really matters in product development. More than any specific tools we used at the workshop (which were great and practical, btw.), Vidya and Heather helped me develop a customer-centric mindset, which I will bring to work with me every day.
Rasto Ivanic/ GroupSolver
The Mom Test
How to talk to customers & learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you
by Rob Fitzpatrick
A good way to think about gathering customer feedback on your idea.
3 Brands that Prove Listening to Customers is Key to Company Compbacks
What could Best Buy, NASCAR, and Yahoo possibly have in common? They know how to treat their fans and are thriving because of it.
Great article on how customer focus is key
How to Transform Products, Companies, and the World - With a Single Step
by Mark Hurst & Phil Terry
We love these guys...always right on in their assessment of customer experiences and how to build great products.
Why Product Thinking is the next big thing in UX Design
Life’s too short to build something nobody wants…
Really good perspective to take in developing new products
We've Been There
We're founders, successful product management leaders,
and have launched multiple successful new products.
Product exec in b2c/b2b
VP Innovation & Design
Founded multiple companies
Former VP of Product Management at Intuit Inc.