This course is conducted completely online and consists of:
- Learning Objectives/Goals
- Supplementary Reading
- Practical hands-on Exercises
The course is designed to be taken in about 90 minutes-2 hours per week over 12 weeks (although it can be accelerated).
Here’s what you can expect over the 12 weeks:
- Week 1 – Getting started as a PM. What does a Product Manager do? How do you work with a product team; how to think about a product lifecycle.
- Week 2 – Foundations. How to clarify and understand the problem; Understanding your customer and their needs.
- Week 3 – Customer Research. How to best (and quickly) learn about your customer and prospects.
- Week 4 – Customer Needs. How to clearly define customer needs & prioritize those needs.
- Week 5 – Business Strategy. All about the business model canvas customized for a Product Manager.
- Week 6 – Product Vision, Goals, Objectives. How to create a product vision & strategy; Understanding your competition.
- Week 7 – Product Blueprint, Ideation. How to combine customer and business information to make effective, clear product decisions; Collecting and building on new ideas.
- Week 8 – Learning Plan. How to create hypothesis based learning; How to create useful test plans.
- Week 9 – Concept Testing & Minimal Viable Wow. How to develop product concepts; translating results of your testing to requirements.
- Week 10 – Design Specifications. How to create great design specs that your developers will love using.
- Week 11 – PM and Marketing. How to work with marketing; what to do if you are product marketing.
- Week 12 – Net Promoter Score, Wrap-up. How to set, understand and execute on NPS goals for products.
Want more info?